Steps I am taking to Earn Income from Fiction
1. Writing. It's a well known fact that if one does not write fiction, one does not earn money from writing fiction. I am spending more time writing fiction.
2. Taking advice from others. Check out this post: 8 Tips from an author who went no. 1
3. E-mail list. I would have just used gmail but apparently spam filters flag that stuff when it's coming from mailchimp servers from a gmail address. So I bought a domain www.gefiction.com and can now be e-mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It took me awhile to figure out how to post this form here. (Reason 4 after the form!). Be my first subscriber?
4. I'm building my social media accounts. On facebook I am George.Edwards2 and on Twitter I am @WritingDystopia.
5. I'm listening to a couple of podcasts that are oriented towards writing. One is called "The story Grid" and the other is called "The Creative Penn." I heard about the former from the latter.
6. I'm researching a lot about book marketing and self-publishing techniques.
7. I'm blogging more. In my mind if I blog more an gain an audience before I publish then I will have more success than if I do not.
Check out my reasoning for self-publishing.
1.The Ethics of the Murder of Sim Entities in a Sufficiently Complex Virtual Universe
2.The Traffic Stop (Flash Fiction)